Anal itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Anal itch

I have had it since for several months and it's getting so unbearable to ignore it. If I'm not busy, I won't even notice it but when at home, not doing anything in particular it could go on for a full day. The worse can happen at nighttime sometimes. One night, it was really, really hard to ignore and I scratched it, but it bled and it hurt after that. I've noticed blood from what I recall, which was somewhere in January or February when I go to do my business. At first, I wasn't really worried about it, but a few days or a week later it started. I haven't gone to the doctor since I'm so busy with college stuff and such. I even use soap, in hopes that will stop the itching, and a few minutes later it's back again. I do not know what to do. Please help, is there any medication that I could buy over the counter, without needing a doctor's prescription? Last night, it bled when I use a tissue and this is frustrating it got even worst. I don't do any sports, so I don't sweat a lot.