Dermatology Community
Anal itching+irritation possibly from waxing? !
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anal itching+irritation possibly from waxing? !

Help me please!!
Ever since a had a Brazilian wax done to me (last time was about 9 to 10 months ago, first time was about 1.5 years ago). I have had a discomfort around and practically inside anal hole. Honestly, this problem has been going on since the first few times I received a "brazilian wax" ( including waxing of anal area, in case you don't know what I'm referring to). Anyways, I have read several other doctor's responses to similar questions. However, they usually mention bleeding when pooping, and/or puss, and/or pea-size or larger bumps. I don't have any of the above mentioned symptoms. Here are my symptoms...very itchy area around anus and on actual anal hole (I would like to note: definitely bothers me more at night time while in bed), red irritated skin, no problems with bowel movements/bleeding, no odor/ no unusual irritation in vaginal area. I have not seen doctor due to lack of insurance!!! I don't believe it is hemorrhoids after everything i have read on www.medhelp.com and other websites.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my question ASAP.
Sincerely,
Hopelessly itching      
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Anal itching is also called pruritis ani.Causes of itchy anal rash include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, colognes and scented toilet paper,certain food irritants,medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives,infections like STD’s and pinworms,anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema. Sometimes hemorrhoids will start off as red rash and anal itching.

Treatment of anal itching depends on the cause of the problem. It may include self-care measures, changes to your diet, treatment of infections or, rarely, surgery to correct an underlying problem.So pls get an examination done by a surgeon to confirm the diagnosis.Till that time,try an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Preparation H),but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, pls take an antihistamine like benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank