Angiokeratoma

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Angiokeratoma

I have what I consider a bad case of Angiokeratoma of the scrotum.  I have about 40 to 50 red bumps.  On three occasions after getting out of the shower they started bleeding very bad.  This is really effecting my life.  I'm nervous about going places for fear that I will start bleeding.  I'm constantly going to the bathroom to check my scrotum to ensure that it isn't bleeding.  I'm a 33 year old male with high blood pressure (not sure if that has anything to do with it).  I also have fordyce spots on my lips and genitals.  I'm not really concerned about the fordyce spots but not sure if they are related.  Is laser treatment typically successful to treat the angiokeratoma condition?  Is there any known underlying condition that causes this?  Thank you
Angiokeratoma of Fordyce is a small dark red to purple raised spot which can be found on the penis and testicles in men and is composed of surface blood vessels (dilated capillaries).They are harmless surface vascular lesions but in your case they are bleeding and are symptomatic.
Treatment consists of excision, cryosurgery, electrocautery and laser treatment. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers