Dermatology Expert Forum
Angioma on labia

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Angioma on labia
I recently had about 20 angiomas treated by my dermatologist.  However, I also have several angiomas on my labia.   She didn't feel the laser could do a good job on these since they are darker and the surronding skin is redder, making it difficult for the laser to locate.   What treatment options are recommended?
If you really feel the need to treat these, the electric needle ("electrodesiccation") will probably help.  This is an older technology most skin doctors use many times every day.  Local anesthesia (or anesthetic cream) may be needed.  The needle doesn't enter the body--a touch dries up superficial lesions like skin tags, warts, and angiomas.

Discuss this with your dermatologist, but keep in mind that you're likely to get more of these angiomas, on the labia and elsewhere.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff