Anyone Experience Hair Loss Using AXE styling products?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've been doing some research Online and it seems that there might be a problem with the AXE line of styling products, specifically the AXE pomades. I have used their pomade products only briefly but I have noticed around a 50% reduction in hair thickness and fullness on the areas where I apply the most product. This, in addition to hairs falling out by the root aplenty over the course of one month and I have since ceased usage of all AXE products entirely. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem when using these products? What's contained in them that would cause such a reaction?

This discussion is related to Hair loss due to improper care and gel usage.
  • hair loss (1 replies):
    hi.i am 21 years old male and i am losing my hair very r...[more]
  • hair loss (1 replies):
  • hair loss (1 replies):
    hi.i am 21 years old male and i am losing my hairs very ...[more]
  • Hereditary Hair Loss (1 replies):
    My husbuan has a receeding hair line and my hair is thin...[more]
  • Hair Loss (1 replies):
    I'm a 19 year old girl and for four/five years I've had ...[more]
I was just researching hair loss remedies due to my recent discovery of thinning and receding. Upon googleing Saw Palmetto berries I found a palmade which contains them.  So I decided to Google "Hair Loss Palmade" and something about AXE jumped out of the screen @ me!  I've been using axe palmade for the past couple months... I have always had a full set of verrry thick hair.  So you are not alone on this... I literally just threw out the remainder of my axe palmade like five minutes ago.  Don't know what the next step is yet...  
It can be due to contact dermatitis or allergic reaction to any of the constituents of this hair product. Other causes could be due to stress, fungal infections, alopecia aereata, hormonal imbalance (overproduction of dihydrotestosterone and thyroid hormones irregularities),malnutrition, telogen effluvium and sebum plugs on skin.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I always had a full head of hair, very thick, don't drink or smoke, no stress or hormone changes, lineage all had hair--after 3 months of relegating to Axe pomade; 75% of my near-perfect hair has fallen out. balded. the pattern ? on all the areas where I applied the pomade over the course of 3 months my hair has died. I'm only 24. Axe pomade puts poison in their products and this has been one of the biggest mistakes of my life giving into the big corporation and their cancerous, poisonous, evil product. I have no clue what my next step is.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers