Apple cider vinegar burn from treating molluscum?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am 99% sure I have molluscum on my penis it is really frustrating because I spent so much time trying to get it diagnosed and even the doctor wasn't sure what it was and I was told either way it was benign. (She didn't want to freeze the 5-6 lesions in case it made them worse?) But if it is contagious I did not think this would be fair to my girlfriend so I researched what I could do about it and came across the apple cider vinegar method.
I know the medical field doesn't necessarily support home remedies but the doctor was no help so I needed alternatives.
After doing this the spots that were targeted started turning black (as research suggested it would). Could this be an indication that it is molluscum as I thought and it's working? If it was "maybe" sebaceous glands as the doctor put it would this even be happening?
I know what sebaceous prominence is and I have it mildly but I doubt that's what these lesions are as they are slightly more raised, sporadic and are slowly multiplying not to mention I've had different partners in the past couple weeks. I was also worried it could have been warts at the time but the doctor did not think so.

So now besides my initial problem I have a new one. The skin surrounding the spots has also turned black, and it is very visible.

- Am I scarred?
- How long will it take for the skin to heal and is there anything that can help heal or at least minimize the appearance?

I know I should see a dermatologist as well and I probably will but it takes months to get an appointment and I'm trying to deal with this ASAP.

(Also, are we allowed to post pictures in this forum? I'm sure that would be helpful if there are any doubts about me having molluscum and would be better than any description I can give. Would also save me months of wait and a trip to see a dermatologist which like the doctor visit might not be too helpful).
Chances are more that these kind of bumps are due to warts rather than molluscum. Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects used by an infected person.

Molluscum contagiosum presents as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug and hence it is less likely to be due to molluscum. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Apple cider has caused superficial skin burns which should heal with time with application of Neosporin.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the reply, I've been devastated over this for awhile and things only seem to get worse on top of the complications I have caused. Here is an update.

I have been to 3 different clinics where I am told that they are only sebaceous glands. I know they are not sebaceous glands as they are now rapidly spreading on my abdomen as well. I thought this was typical of molluscum? At this point I hope so, because hpv is even more worrying. I am thinking about returning to the sex clinic but I just don't seem to be getting any help anywhere. Not to mention it must be hard to diagnose these lesions that I have damaged with the apple cider. I feel helpless, which leads me to try self treating which I know is not a good idea.

Other complications have happened since my original post. I got a urinary tract infection and was prescribed antibiotics. Can apple cider vinegar cause this? I had also used Tea tea oil I'm not sure which lead to the infection.

- I was also prescribed fucidin cream but I'm not sure exactly what it is for? The burns or the lesions? Should I be worried about spreading the virus as I am applying the cream?
So many complications and worries that I feel my mental health is in terrible shape right now.

Getting an appointment with a dermatologist is difficult...and I have not seen my family doctor as this is a very embarrassing problem and I fear she wont be any more help then the doctors I have already seen...but I guess at this point I have nothing to lose.

- One more question...is polysporin as effective as neosporin? Because neosporin is not available over the counter here.

Again, thanks for your input as you can tell I've developed severe anxiety over this and it really helps to receive some answers here.
Hey did anything come of this? I have had the exact same problem and now I have burnt my skin on my penis!?
Was hoping someone could share some more insight on this.
Hey sorry I've been unable to login for awhile.

Yes it was molluscum and the apple cidar vinegar did work but it burnt the skin pretty bad as I over did it.
A couple weeks later everything healed and went back to normal.