Aquagenic Pruritus Cure

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Aquagenic Pruritus Cure

About a year ago i developed aquagenic pruritus and suffered with it for nearly half a year. This condition makes bathing a living hell, for whenever i came into sustained contact with water i developed debilitating pain in my legs. Worse yet, i started participating in Cross Country for my highschool meaning if i didn't bathe i would smell horrific. Around the time i developed this condition i was dumped by my long time girlfriend, my first at that, and it was devastating for me. I got over that and got in a new relationship, but noticed that something was wrong with my legs. Upon researching it i discovered that there was no scientific Cure, only things to lessen pain, however i did find one story. This story said that a woman dealing with aquagenic pruritus for most of her life, was cured after seeing a psychologist and telling him about all the extreme guilt and shame she felt in her life, and he helped her move on from it. Miraculously she got better over time, and the allergy never returned. I thought nothing of this story of course and moved on with my life until half a year ago. I contacted my ex and told her that i was deeply sorry for things i had done and said that caused and after our break up, although she promptly told me to **** off i did get better and from there, cured. Whether this was psychosis or not it worked, and that's my success story.
Tags: aquagenic pruritus, water allergy, pruritus, Cure, Allergies