Dermatology Community
Are nail gels safe?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Are nail gels safe?

I am thinking of having my manicurist put nail gels on all of my nails?  Is this safe?  If I want to remove them at a later date will there be damage to my real nails?
Tags: nails, gel
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes they are very safe i've had them for 10 years - and they wont damage your nails but the electric file they use one your nail bed before application will.
Blank
849123 tn?1282663228
Since everybody is different, you can't get anyone's advice on this.  I myself had them on a little over a year then suddenly developed an allergy...the skin around my nails blistered, bled, then turned yellow and peeled.  When I got the nails off, there was so much damage to my nails that they couldn't touch me any longer.  That was 6 months ago and I'm still healing from it...
Blank
Hi,

Gel nails are natural-looking enhancement of the nails. They can be used for natural nail overlays, tip overlays, and to help encapsulate a damaged free-edge as it grows out. If you have a personal history of   allergies, try to get a clearance from your doctor first to avoid any allergic reactions.

Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources