Are nail gels safe?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Are nail gels safe?

I am thinking of having my manicurist put nail gels on all of my nails?  Is this safe?  If I want to remove them at a later date will there be damage to my real nails?
Tags: nails, gel
Yes they are very safe i've had them for 10 years - and they wont damage your nails but the electric file they use one your nail bed before application will.
Since everybody is different, you can't get anyone's advice on this.  I myself had them on a little over a year then suddenly developed an allergy...the skin around my nails blistered, bled, then turned yellow and peeled.  When I got the nails off, there was so much damage to my nails that they couldn't touch me any longer.  That was 6 months ago and I'm still healing from it...
Avatar dr f tn

Gel nails are natural-looking enhancement of the nails. They can be used for natural nail overlays, tip overlays, and to help encapsulate a damaged free-edge as it grows out. If you have a personal history of   allergies, try to get a clearance from your doctor first to avoid any allergic reactions.

Take care and regards.