Dermatology Expert Forum
Area on penis, dry skin; will it go away?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Area on penis, dry skin; will it go away?

Biopsy of skin irritation on butt indicate psoriasis. Rule out bacteria, rule out fungus, rule out herpes. Doctor prescribed Fluocinonide and Triamcinolone Acetonide.  Irritated skin heals after a couple weeks, but area around anus is very sensitive, and when wiping etc gets sore. Doctor then prescribed Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide (combo drug), and says to use for a couple weeks, directly applying to anus area (the orig. problem is not a factor at this point).

BUT, just a week ago, I notice that on shaft of penis, near the bottom of shaft (where it connects to body) a quarter-size area of dry skin, with skin actually "peeling" off, lvg red area with a few intense spots.

Doctor says to use same cream on that area, the N and TA.  

Is this psoriasis?  I have been applying the ointment, for a couple days.  I also have put on a moisturizer (doctor didn't say to do that, but it clear up the dry skin, lvg area sensitive and red only).

I have also been prescribed Ketoconazole (before biopsy).  

My question is:  Can I hope that this area on my penis will heal evetually, based on the treatment the doctor prescribes?  Or, do I need to pursue more intense treatment?  Obviously, I'm a little concerned.  The area on the butt was one thing, but the area on the penis is a whole different problem (well, in area at least) with more ramifications. I need to get this right.  

I appreciate your help. Very grateful.