Arm bumps
I am a 17 year old female. I have red pimple like bumps under my arm and in my armpit. They can be painful, and are not usually white heads. It spreads down my side to right above my bra strap. Is it from shaving and how can i reduce/get rid of it?

-Thanks! Jessi.
These bumps can be due to boils or hidradenitis suppuratiiva. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.