Armpit rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Armpit rash

My husband has had a rash under his arm for about 10 days, that is pinky red in colour, risen, itchy, seems to ooze a slimy substance and gives off a foul smell... we have tried a fungal cream called Daktozin, Bactroban and he tried putting the nappy rash cream - Sudocream on and it started to burn so he washed it off, but nothing has worked so I was wondering if you would be able to help me with what this could be? thankyou
The symptoms are suggestive of intertrigo. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thankyou very much that is very helpful...