Dermatology Community
Armpit skin peeling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Armpit skin peeling

I have this weird problem in only one armpit. Some skin has peeled off in a big circle. The skin immediately surrounding the area seems loose and dead. I havent had any new deoderant. I changed my soap, and got anti-fungal cream and doesnt seem to be any better. It itches occasionaly and burns a bit as well. From online pics of invert psoriasis, it doesnt really look anything like that so I have no clue.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi

This sounds like a dermatitis or fungal infection. The armpit is a damp and moist area. Fungal infection may be a likely diagnosis here. As for dermatitis, chronic and recurrent conditions may be dermatitic in nature. I would still consider these two as differentials since they are both relatively common.

Have you tried using a corticosteroid cream for the condition?

Invert psoriasis does not seem to be the case as this usually presents with redness.

Blank
I posted this somewhere else, and a response was that it maybe a very serious autoimmune problem, and I may need to seek IMMEDIATE attention...this is freaking me out. What does that mean exactly?
Blank
Hi

Fungal infections and dermatitis are far relatively common than autoimmune conditions so this may be more likely at this point. Autoimmune disorders involve the body's primary defense system. Our bodies have innate soldiers which fight off any outsiders or foreign bodies that may result to a breakdown or dysfunction of certain bodily functions. If the immune system goes haywire, then our body becomes confused as to who is pro and anti. That is , it may attack its own soldiers.

In your case, an autoimmune disorder is just one of the differentials. To allay your fears and concerns , a referral for a rheumatology consult may be able to help. ANA levels and a complete physical examination may be necessary.
Blank
I had a friend and There arm pit did that, it had peeled in circles and burnned but wasnt ichy and in other parts it was starting to peel as well do u think its just because putting on deoderent and not showering and cleanning it off ?
Blank
I had a friend and There arm pit did that, it had peeled in circles and burnned but wasnt ichy and in other parts it was starting to peel as well do u think its just because putting on deoderent and not showering and cleanning it off ?
Blank
I think it might be putting on too much deoderent with out showering at least once a day and it will cause that
Blank
i have the same problom. it was ichy for the first week or so then it had a burning sensation. it has now started peeling. i have recentley had stomach pains but my doctor said it was just my period. could this have anything to do with my peeling armpits??
Blank
My armpit is peeling and I just realized it. I thought it was parts of my washcloth sticking to my skin because I could not see well in the dim light. I am too kind of worried. What do I do????!
Blank
i have the same exact problem with my left armpit! how did u solve it! iam really scared and like really worried!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...