Ars rash or folliculitous
Hello ,
I am a 29 years old male , today I trimmed my chest hair with an electric trimmer/razor And subsequently got tiny red rashes on the upper part of my chest(not sure if the rash was there before the trim) , which also look similar to an ARS rash .
I am worried because of a possible exposure which I had almost 7 weeks back which was protected vaginal intercourse with a friend .
Now my specific questions are

1. How does folliculitous differ from a typical ars rash .
2. Can folliculitous happen even when the hairs are not completely shaved and only trimmed with an electric shaver .

Would appreciate if the experts here reply to my query as I am very worried.
ARS rash is slightly raised and doesn't itch. From your symptoms it looks like folliculitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid or a topical antibiotic cream. If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.