Atypical Spindle Cell Proliferation; not benign & not malignant?
I received a call from the nurse that said my biopsy for what I initially thought was a smooth wart was removed.  It was about the size of a pencil eraser and looked kinda translucent pearly looking with a subtle pink background to it.  It didn't have a cauliflower look to it, but I heard of smooth warts, so I let it go for almost 2 years.  I kept putting compound W on it, but it kept growing immediately back till I had it removed four weeks ago.  They did a biopsy on it two weeks ago, and cauterized it and said it wasn't malignant.  I said, "So it's benign."  They said, "no."  Does that mean it's precancerous?  Was that what he was implying without saying the "C" word?  I am scheduled for followup to see the doctor in three weeks so he can see how it's healing.  Is there any other classification besides, benign, malignant, or precancerous?  What is the worst case scenario if it is precancerous and I keep getting it checked?  What is the typical scenario?  What are the stats regarding precancerous cells becoming cancer?  I have General Anxiety Disorder and I'm wondering if I should be losing sleep over this.  Knowledge calms me more than the unknown.