Aveeno for the itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Aveeno for the itch

I've been using Aveeno Intense relief overnight cream and Aveeno Anti-itch concentrated lotion. These 2 are the best. I have 6 other Aveeno products a steriod cream and I just bought that Activon anti- itch rub on stuff. That made my skin crawl. I couldn't get it washed off my arms fast enough. I've been to a regular doctor, dermotologist, allergy doctor and a chiropractor. They all say "stop scratching". They say that's what causes it. The allergist said I have neurodermatitis. It is caused by stress and anxiety. i know that every year for the last 25 years at the same time every year I am not always stressed. Now the doctors want to send me to an Immunologist. What ever that is. I want to get to the end of this. I haven't slept a full night in a long long time. My arms look like I have scabs all over them and I can't wear sleeves. I even wear gloves at night. I know it's driving me crazy. I had to buy 6 ice packs just for the night use. I know my husband is tired of me complaining about it all the time. I'm tired of me complaining about it all the time. It's just taken over my life. If I remember correctly it gets better in November. Can we wait that lon without cutting off our arms?

This discussion is related to Severe Itching on arms.