BLISTERY BUMPS ON HANDS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

BLISTERY BUMPS ON HANDS

4963850?1255277032
For 6 yrs now i have been experiencing blisters appearing on my hands they eventually pop leaving my hands very raw. It itches extemely bad, burns, and hurts. My hands swell so bad that I cannot bend my hands but only half way.
I have been to numerous drs., specialists, and etc. and no one has a clue on this situation. Hands get so sore that it is very hard to take a shower, wash my hands as well as to do my daily routine. It will clear up for about 2 to 3 days and then there I go again with the outbreak. It usually take about 2 to 3 weeks for it to run its course.  This condition comes about usually while I sleep and when I wake up is when they are swollen and full of blisters.  It is driving me crazy. The itching gets so intense at times that it goes all through my body just like I have been stung by the biggest bee around. I take benadryl like candy, about 5 to 6 times daily with 2 pills each time. You would think I would stay asleep after all that but it does not affect me at all. Within the last month I have been experiencing the rash going up my arms near the bend of my arm. ( top side only not bottom of my arms)

This discussion is related to small, subdermal 'blisters'.
Tags: blisters
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be dyshidrotic eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Hello, I have suffered from this affliction for the last 20 years. I know of no cream, medicine, serum or otherwise that can relieve it. I like many others on the forum am convinced it is stress related. I read on the forum that someone uses Pepsodent toothpaste as a home remedy. Worth a shot i say. I'm currently experiencing my first outbreak in years and "coincidently" going through a stressful time. Try and keep your hands cool and weather the storm so to speak. I sat for a good part of the day with my hand on an ice pack. I live in Australia so finding Pepsodent will be hard but I"m gonna give the toothpaste remedy a try. Good luck. Crowy