Dermatology Expert Forum
BUMPY RASH ON FOREHEAD
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

BUMPY RASH ON FOREHEAD

I am in my late 50's and have developed over the last 10 years or so a red bumpy rash (itchy but not flakey) which covers my forehead,that comes and only partially ever goes, and is now getting a lot worse. My face is inclined to be red and the bumps appear just a bit on the cheak bones but not itchy there or as bad as on my forehead. I do not suffer from any other rashes nor have had Eczema - unless this problem is Eczema. I feel that the cause may be sun damage as the condition is agrivated by the sun.
Also, being a pilot, I have spent many years at very high altitudes so UV light etc., may be a factor. I have tried various creams to no avail, but not 1% Hydrocortisme.
I would be very grateful for some possible treatment suggestions. I try to keep out of the sun as much as possible, but that alone does not cure the problem.
Related Discussions
  • sun rash (9 replies):
    Hi Dr. Is it possible to develop an allergic type of ra...[more]
  • Sun rash (23 replies):
    I have had a problem for a number of years and have had ...[more]
  • Sun Allergies (33 replies):
    My skin is very sensitive to sun. I have blue eyes & pal...[more]
  • Eczema near mouth (3 replies):
    I am a 21-year old female. I have chronic asthma which i...[more]
242489_tn?1210500813
More than likely you have rosacea.  This affects primarily, thoyugh not exclusively, people with fair skin.  pimples point to this diagnosis rather than to eczema.  The cortisone creams which help eczema make rosacea worse or more persistent.  Dietary and other environmental factors play a limited role in controlling rosacea.  I advise you to see a skin doctor for definitive diagnosis and prescription of a topical (external) or perhaps oral antibiotic to control this.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers