Dermatology Community
Baby's head rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby's head rash

4625036?1246720381
My grandson is 6 months old and has a rash on the back of his head - only where his head rests when he is in a carseat, glider or bed.  My son's ex-wife has him one week and my son has him the next and so on.  He only has this rash when he is in her care.  We believe that she leaves him sitting/lying down most of the time.  

When my son has him he is very active in a jumper, sitting alone, and rolling around.  The only time he is lying down is his 2 naps during the day and bed at night or in the carseat on the way to an appointment.

The pediatrician said it was eczema and gave him a prescription for a cream. OUr family has eczema on arms and legs and it looks nothing like this.  It is dry and all over.  This is only on the back of his head, doesn't seem to itch and is very bumpy and not dry at all.  The thing is that eczema doesn't go away one week and come back the next every other week.  

What could it be?  Heat rash?  Allergy to fabric care?  Help?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be cradle cap,contact dermatitis or eczema.Exactly what it is can be confirmed after dermatologist’s evaluation and treatment is diagnosis specific for an infant.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Blank
Please, do you have any ideas what this might be.  You seem very knowledgeable.   We are so desperate to find an answer.
Blank
Thank you.  I understand that contact dermatitis would clear up each time we have him for a week.  Do you believe that eczema would?  
Blank
The impression I get is of a folliculitis.Oil,sweating,pressure can precipitate the rashes.Best to apply mupurocin and avoid all kinds of oils on the scalp if used.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...