Back Cyst.
Hi for approx.  12 months I have had a cyst on my back just in the center of my shoulder blades.  This hard bump is approx. 1 inch in diameter. And is very visible.  I am very embarrassed to have it uncovered.
At first it appeared to be a black head or pimple,  nothing has ever been squeezed out of it.  I did try and try with all my might.   It is now much much bigger and within the past week I have noticed that it has changed its shape, and appears to be a bit larger and is now tingling.  I am not sure if the tingling is more pain or me feeling very worried.

What could this possibly be?   Should I be concerned?  Besides having this removed and leaving a scare what is the worst case scenario?

From the description of your symptoms it sounds like sebaceous cyst. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Tingling can be due to irritation of the nerves underneath the cyst.If infected,then antibiotics are needed.

If painless apply warm compresses on the lump.But if it becomes painful or starts growing in size then evaluation from a dermatologist is required.Surgical excision may be required.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.