Back acne

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Back acne

I just moved countries and I have back acne which is worrying me every single day.

In November my dermatologist prescribed me these medications and mentioned that I have Truncal Acne:

Doxy 1 LDR 100 (1 daily after dinner)
Zatherine gel or Facelin - A gel (apply daily before bath, keep it for 15 -30 mins)
Calosoft (Apply at night before bed)

After using these medicines, I started having some stomach problems in a month or so and since then I have stopped. Is there a way to cure this? Or should I keep using the dosage given by the doctor? Or does someone have a better solution?

Thanks in advance.

Back and shoulder acne are quite difficult to treat compared to acne on other parts of the body. Thoroughly wash your body everyday, especially the back and shoulder part using a back brush and frequently change your bed sheet, as it is conducive for bacterial growth. Engage in a diet that is low in sugar and fat but is rich in vitamins. This prevents acne by preventing the buildup of excess oil on the skin.Also refrain from touching or squeezing your shoulder acne. Also try to keep your hair free of dandruff by using good antidandruff shampoos. You can also apply benzoyl peroxide creams or clindamycin cream on the acne.

If the symptoms persist, then oral antibiotics may be needed. You had been prescribed them (doxy) before but when you take oral antibiotics, ensure to include probiotics in your diet or eat plenty of yoghurt or curd.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.