Dermatology Community
Balanitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Balanitis

I have some red shinny areas of skin in my glans (glands) penis for almost a month. I tried miconazole cream
2% for a week and it improved but still shinny and itchy and switched to ketoconzole cream 2% for 3 weeks bid and there is inprovement but still the skin has different color and still feel itchy at those areas some times.  Now i don't know should i continue on same treatment sine the skin is still ahinny an looks different with some itching or what should i do. I am married and i have stopped sex for more than 1 month to avoid transnitting my problem to my partner. Should i take oral antifungal or continue same cream. Need your advice and suggestions please.  
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
For such symptoms, don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979