Bald Circular patch
Hello ,

I am a Male, 20 years old. I have a circular bald patch about 2 cm. The skin on that area is not white anymore . Will it ever grow back or will I be bald in that area forever. I noticed this bald spot after using a hair thickening oil, after using that oil I noticed that I was losing patches of hair. So i am discontinuing that oil now. Also i have Dandruff and I am taking Ayurvedic medication for that. Is there any medicine or treatment that will grow my hair back ?
It is not clear whether you are having this bald patch in the centre of the scalp which points towards male pattern baldness or it is a clear cut bald patch on the scalp which can be due to tinea capitis which is a fungal infection of the skin. It is contagious and can spread direct contact with someone who has the condition, or if you touch contaminated items such as combs, hats, clothing, or similar surfaces. Diagnosis is by clinical examination of the scalp as well as a skin lesion biopsy with microscopic examination. Anti-fungal medications, taken by mouth, are used to treat the infection.

It is important to keep the area clean. A medicated shampoo, such as one containing selenium sulfide like selsen may also help. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Sir. If it is "tinea capitis" what oral medicine should I take and which medicated shampoo would be better. Is there any particular method I should follow to keep my scalp clean ? Will I grow hair ?