Balding, Dandruff, Red Pimples on Scalp
Hello I am getting really worried about my hair. I am only 17 year old male and I am already balding. All my family members from both my mom and dad still have all their hair so I don't think its from my genes. I also have VERY thick and frizzy hair. Anyways these last 6 months I have really been balding. I also have lots of dandruff. I usually shampoo twice a week and condition 3 times a week. I also wear a showercap on some days as too not wet my hair as I heard that is good for clearing the dandruff. Nothing has worked. I have used many different anti-dandruff shampoo with no luck. My scalp is  itchy and feels EXTREMELY dry but at the same time if I run fingers through my hair it feels oily. I have noticed that I have red pimples on my scalp too. They have no pus or anything like that just a red bump and when I scratch on it some skin peels off. I think it may be scalp folliculitis. Can someone please help me?? I really don't want to be balding at such an early age!
It can be due to perifolliculitis scalp. It is characterised by small, very itchy pustules within the scalp, often most troublesome on the frontal hairline. The scalp should be washed with a mild normal shampoo as often as desired. Antidandruff shampoos containing antifungal agents such as ketoconazole or ciclopirox are sometimes helpful. Apart from that you need topical and oral antibiotics, antihistamines, oral steroids and topical tretinoin.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Alright thanks for the answer. I will try to go see a dermatologist but I was wondering if you know how much that will cost? My family doesn't have any insurance so I will have to convince my mom to take me. Thanks again!