Baseball sized abscesses

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Baseball sized abscesses

I am 19 now, and have been going to dermatologists since I was 14. All of them agree I have folliculitis, but they are saying these baseball sized 'abscessess' are from this also. So far, I have been tested for about everything I can think of. They are telling me that this will not go away, and to only hope for a 25% improvement, which I may be seeing in the folliculitis but these 'large abscessess' seemingly are not being slown down at all, or improved at all. I am on doxycycline and ibuprofen for pain. I am now, begging to feel that all of my doctors are 100% wrong, or at least not taking this seriously enough. The doxycycline is doing absolutely nothing to the part of this I am majorly concerned about, and the ibuprofen does NOTHING for the constant pain I am in when one of these horrible abscesses is there. But I am told that doxycycline is the only treatment and the ibuprofen is the strongest thing they can give me for pain (its only 800 mg). I do not have enough money to go to yet another doctor, or to a (in my opinion) a more competent doctor.
Tags: baseball, Pain, folliculitis, abscesses