Beach related foot rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Beach related foot rash

4144007?1238336974
I live in a northern climate and every April I visit Myrtle Beach, SC.  After a couple of days on the beach, I start to develop a red, bumpy rash on the tops of my feet. By the end of the week it has spread out and formed masses of bumps, some of which blister and are almost clear.  It spreads to the tops of all the toes and begins to creep up my ankles a little.  The rash begins mildly ichy but becomes almost intollerable by the time we pack up to head home.  Over the years, I've experimented to see what the cause is....I think it is the salt water, not sun poisoning as some have suggested.  (Two years ago it was very overcast, rainy, and cool, but I did venture into the tidal pools to collect shells.  Every year I wade through the surf collecting sharks' teeth).  If I rinse my feet with fresh water frequently it delays the onset by a day or two...does anyone know what is causing this?  I'm attaching photos from the end of the week's exposure to whatever it is that causes this.
I would like to know the answer to the beach related foot rash too, because I just left myrtle beach today and got a horrible rash like you described on the top of my foot.  It looks horrible and itches.  Please let me know if you figured out what caused it and how long it lasted for.
Sorry to hear you've suffered the same rash...I still don't know what it is.  Last year I took Zyrtec every day and it delayed the onset and severity, however it still came out.  It has been my experience that it usually lasts about a week+ after I've left the beach.  I've also used a prescription steroid cream on it (that I had on hand) which helped, however I've never had it long enough after returning home to have it checked medically.  Feel better :)  I'll be going in a few weeks and will probably get it again.
My daughter and I have experienced the same problem.  We are from New York, and this has happened to me on the Florida and North Carolina coasts.  This year we are in the Outer Banks, NC in April and we both have itchy rashes.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Should we be avoiding the sand or the water?
It scares me because I developed the same problem on my hand after going to my cousins football game in the summer. I went to a doctor and physically showed him the rash on my hand. He eventually contacted a dermatologist who told me it was it was a severe heat rash. Hope I could help.