Belly button swelling
My belly button is swollen and dark brown in color.  I first noticed this when I wore a denim pants that was too tight.  The doctor gave me ser\veral antibiotics like cephalexin, bactrim and erythromycin.  Once I take the antibiotics it will swell and then burst and dark brown blood will come out.  The thing is after a month or so it will reccur again.  The doctors had took samples of it but found no growth in it.  The ultrasound result was also negative.  I already put an anti fungal cream but it did not work.  Please help.  What is this - I have been seen several doctors and no one seems to know what this is.  Could this be a skin disorder?  I do not want to be subjected to a surgery.
i am 72 years old female. lately i have noticed my belly-button has become very round and swollen. not painful and soft to the touch.
should i be concerned?

For how long have you noted this?

I suggest that you have this assessed by your physician. At this point, differentials will be an infection, an insect bite and a hernia.

You have not noted any redness, swelling or itchiness in the area. There is also no discharge mentioned. A complete physical examination by your primary physician will help rule out certain conditions like a hernia.

Have you had any prior surgeries in the abdomen before?

Do you note any enlargement of the lump when you strain, cough or sneeze?

A hernia refers to a lump of intestine that protrudes through the abdominal wall where the wall is weakest. I do not want to alarm you but hernias are fairly common and the abdomen is a common location. An infection may still be a differential here.

A physician's evaluation is necessary. Do keep us posted regarding physician's advice.