Best mosturizer for cracked, dry skin
What îs the best mosturizer to use on a patch of rough, cracked, dry skin. I want something not too expensive and over the counter,
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream is very good and soothing.  "a dab'll do ya"
You can use Aveeno moisturizers. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone) after consulting your doctor. Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.