Dermatology Expert Forum
Best way to remove spider veins from face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dr.,

I have heard of several methods to remove spider veins from the face. I only have about three and they are small but I still want them removed. What is the best way? I have heard of laser as well as a certain type of shot. Is the method of treatment different for those who only have a few?

Paz
Mr. Pazwell:

The safest and most effective way to remove blood vessels from the face is laser.  There are several which are safe and helpful.  Injections on the face are best avoided, and in any case no longer needed.

Treatment may have to be repeated for complete success.

Best.

Dr. R
please describe histiocytosis in an infant
What method is more effective inthe treatment of spider veins on legs- laser or injecting the veins?
A related discussion, blue veins on face was started.