Big Red Sore Bump in Pubic Area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Big Red Sore Bump in Pubic Area

I have noticed a big red bump right on the area of my bikini line. I know its not an inflamed hair because i have none in the area of which the bump appeared. Its really tender and feels like a knot. Can you help me figure out what it may be?

It sounds like boil or furuncle. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Pls keep the area clean and apply somewarm compresses. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I noticed a spot on my uper thigh near my viginal area which was very big and painful.. it seemed like a in growing hair so i didnt take any notice of it,a week later it was followed by another on my vigina (vagina),they have gone and now i have a huge sore red lump on my pubic area,i squeezed puss from it and now it seems to be alot worse,,its just a huge red lump,im very scared,have u got any advice to what it may be? thanks
Hi.... Well I have a lump or bump on my lip of my vagina and its really sore.... I'm a girl and I hate going to the doctors about things I hate having to show my body parts I freak out... I wonder if any of use guys know of what it is ? And if it can be treated? Please and thanks! X