Dermatology Community
Big Red Spot on Leg
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Big Red Spot on Leg

About 5 or 6 months ago I noticed a small reddish bruise like spot on my leg. I didn't pay any mind to it thinking it'd just go away but its been about 6 months now and the spot has grown to almost about 2 inches. There are also a few new spots scattered around it about an inch from the first spot. The lining of the first spot is much darker than the inside. I'm ruling out ring worm since it is not raised. Its slightly itchy at times. I've put some hydrocortisone cream on it but it has not gone away. I'm really worried. I've been doing a little research on my own and everything points to cancer. :( I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I'm anemic. I've been diagnosed with an iron-deficiency anemia and have had it for a few years now. The spots on my leg seems to be darker if I've had a long day on my feet at work. On other days when I'm not on my feet all the time it seems to be a lot lighter. Does anyone know what this is?? :( I've been losing sleep and becoming really depressed. Please help!!! :(