Big Toe infection

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Big Toe infection

HI, I have an infection on my rt big toe.  The toe is swolen with blisters and peeling skin.  The blisters are on the underside at the join and it is hard for me to bend the toe.  There is one large blister at the edge of the nail on the top of the toe.  The toe is sore but the blisters mostly itch.  I have never had athletes foot but have been told it does not look like that.  I have tried anti fungle but it has not helped, I was told vicks clears foot fungus, tried that.  Any suggestions to what it could be and a treatment?
From the symptoms it can be a small boil, corn or plantar fibroma. When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear.Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot.

Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible.Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing blisters.So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the blisters still persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.