Big pink spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Big pink spots

Does anybody know what causes big pink spots (2 or 3 inches) it has a white circle around and normaly are 3 or 4 spots mainly at waist area.

It seems that are caused by stress and using clobetasol dissapear after 2 weeks.

This is cronic (chronic) disease since almost 20 years, but not sure the name of the disease and what really causes the problem.

Last time was a year ago and before that 2 years.

From the symptoms it looks like nummular dermatitis. The other possibility although less likely is pityriasis rosea. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin in case of itching.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I surfed the web trying to find pictures related to, the pitiryasis is more like my wife's desise ecxepct that my wife develops 2 or 3 spots and the photos that i saw patients develop a few big and several smaller.

My wife has 46 years, she is a dentist and was vaccined against hep B about 20 years ago.  I mention this because i read that pitiryasis can be transmited trough saliva and some patients was vaccined agains hep B. Can this be related to her dessise?

Additionally a new one spot appear at her axilla 3 days ago is 1 inch but not other one at her body.

Please let me know your toughts.
Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching. Its etiology is unknown, though it is thought to involve viral infection.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months). Topical and oral steroids are needed in severe cases. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks for responding

She only develop 2 or 3 spots, and never develop any other sympotms like you discribe here.

Do you know what other skin disease create these kind of pink spots that could be related to strees??

A dermatolgist said my wife that her disease is related to stress and she needs to use clobetasol, but never told us the name of her disease.