Birthmark change in color

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Birthmark change in color

I have an appointment to see my doctor and wonder if you could give me some idea what I might expect.  I have a 1 x 1/2 inch birthmark just above my right buttock area, and noticed today it seems to have changed colors.  Because of where it's at, it's difficult to see.  I am a physician assistant by trade, and if one of my patients had this--> derm consult.  Would appreciate someone's take on it.  Picture here: http://www.1peter318.com/0900.htm

Thank you,

Scott
Wow... no one wants to touch this.  :/
If the birthmark appears to have changed color then it should always be evaluated. If you notice changes in the mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I had my appointment.
Looks like a dysplastic nevus.
Will have it removed (just in case/preventative).

Thank you.