Bizarre Lip Irritation
Okay, I'm perplexed. This is sort of a long and weird tale but I don't know what details I can leave out and I'm so confused so here has been my lip ordeal for the last 4 months:

I had a cold sore about 4 months ago (from forgetting to put sun screen on my lips in a tanning booth. They burned and the sore appeared) I have since stopped and will never go again) that went away in the standard amount of time except for some tiny bumps on my inner lip. About 2 months after my cold sore and all symptoms had gone away, my upper lip became VERY dry and chapped especially in the spot where my cold sore had been. I figured since I still had the tiny bumps in my inner lip the virus had never gone away, so I started using this cooling/tingly chapstick (something like burts bee's) and I start really rubbing it on the bumps hoping it would something. About a week later every inch of my lips are tingling. I freaked out thinking I was about to have the BIGGEST cold sore outbreak of my life. I went to the doctor and got on valtrex. Well I ran through 2 entire bottles of valtrex for about 2 months and the tingling would come and go but never went away. The bumps remained but I never had any outbreaks like it always felt like I should. I went back to the doctor and he sent me to my dentist to have the biopsy done on the bumps. He was also perplexed that 2 runs of valtrex had done nothing. The dentist sees the bumps and immediately knows that they are nothing but fordyce spots. And prescribes me lidex ointment to put on the spots and to reduce the redness and chappness on my lips. So I start putting on the ointment, and I realize that every time I put the ointment on, my lips get even more tingly. When I take it off the tingling almost stops completely. THEN I realized that absolutely everything I put on lips does this now. Vaseline products, lysine, the lidex ointment, EVERYTHING. And the Lysine does not have one ingredient in common with the other products YET gives the same reaction! Now I'm mostly just keeping my lips dry, and my lips are doing more normal than they have been. They still tingle here and there, there are still faint red marks on my upper lip, they still feel slightly hot and a bit raw. AND THEN the dentist calls me to tell the biopsy results are back and there absolutely %100 nothing detected on my lips. Including an active herpes virus. Nothing. No fungi, no herpes, nothing. They're blank. What is going on with my mouth? I'm so confused. Someone said it might be eczema, but I don't know what this means. Should I see a dermatologist? An allergist? Is it psychological because I thought the fordyce spots where herpes for so many months? I really hope someone can help me.