Black Dots, Itchy skin in genitals

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Black Dots, Itchy skin in genitals

I have a terrible rash in my groin.  Nothing has worked to clear it up, and it itches like crazy.  I have black dots in my skin.  I think it has spread, because the bottom of my foot and behind my knee have the same rash, that nothing can get rid of.  I went to a dermatologist, who said it may be atopic dermatitis, but was absolutely of no help in treating it.  I sometimes have crust that forms over my eyes and inside the corners of my eyes that I suspect is related.I know I shouldn't scratch, but the itch gets unbearable, and tremendous amount of crusty, itchy, flaky skin(?) comes off.  I also sometimes have the sensation that bugs are crawling in this area.