Black mark on foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Black mark on foot

A week ago I noticed a black blotch on the sole of my foot. It looked like an ink blob, so I ignored it thinking it would fade away, but it hasn't. I have soaked it, washed it and lightly pumiced it, but the blotch remains. It's not painful in any way and is not noticeably raised.

I am planning to visit my GP next week if it doesn't begin to disappear soon.
Avatar dr f tn

This may be a mole as moles do occur on these areas also. This may not need further intervention as this appears not to give you any form of discomfort. If the spot appears to increase in size or increase in number then a skin biopsy may be done to ascertain the diagnosis. At this time, I would think that this is a mole .Do avoid picking on this as this may only irritate or cause breaks in the skin.