Black marks near ankle

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Black marks near ankle

Black marks near ankle causing itching and irritation at times persisiting from 3 4 years in the same manner. initally there was a mosquito bite which healed and thn this came up. no other disease of sugar, bp, asthma of an sort. the patch is not completely dry and irritates  more in the rainy season.

please help.

Gender: Female
Age: 24

Already Tried:
Soframycin ointment.
For these symptoms stasis dermatitis and lichen simplex chronicus need to be ruled out. Lichen Simplex Chronicus is seen in people with eczema. It is non contagious. It is treated like chronic eczema by decreasing water and soap contact, and applying emollients. Topical steroids are almost always needed to control the symptoms. You can use mild steroid cream like Dermacort and if the symptoms persist then high potency steroids and oral steroids may be needed.
My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.