Dermatology Community
Black scaring from cold sore
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Black scaring from cold sore

I had a cold sore breakout on the top left of my lip two years ago. a couple of weeks (?) after the core sore healed, i noticed the area turned dark, almost like black. Although I had cold sores many time before this is the first time that it left me with a black scar. Since then I have had cold sores every few months in the same area. the dark scar has never improved. I tried using Vitamin E cream as suggested by a healthfood store however it didn't seem to help. Is there anyway that can get rid of this black scaring? Would laser treatment work for this type of depigmentation(?)?

Anxiously await your answer.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
To treat this scarring from cold sores on lips,keep on applying the vit E cream.Also use lip balm medications containing zinc oxide and sun screen lip balms before going out in sun.

If the symptoms persist then laser treatment can be used.Pls consult a dermatologist for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Thank you so much for the comments. I will let you know how I progress in three months time. Regards.

Blank
my cold sore breaks out every wk and makes the scarring worse at the corner of my mouth-both sides.Let me know what will be the proper treatment for this?
Blank
hi can you get cold sore form a heal scare
Blank
hi can you get cold sore form a heal scare
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources