Bleeding Zit Won't Go Away
I've had a red bump on my nose for 3 years and if I scratch or squeeze it, it will bleed profusely.   My dermatologist at the time said it was not a zit and suggested doing a shave biopsy to  I scar very easily so I decided against the shave biopsy.  Even when I scratch a bug bite I'm left with a discolored scar.  In the past year, this red bump has become more raised and red.  Up close, I can see tiny white dots inside the bump.  I'm so self conscious about it now so I consulted with a plastic surgeon a few weeks ago.  He said it was a "vascular growth" (no concern that it was skin cancer) and he encouraged me to let him simply shave it off right then and there.  Each doctor acts like it's a simple and quick procedure and no big deal but for me, it's a huge deal.  What will they do if it does leave a scar?  How do they prevent scarring?  How do you know the doctor is choosing the best method for removal?  
I should also mention the plastic surgeon said that laser removal wasn't an option because the bump was so raised. Photo of my nose should be included in this post on on my profile.  Thanks for your help.