Bleeding thing on my thumb

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bleeding thing on my thumb

5083893?1258347285
About 3 months ago, I noticed a small red speck on the pad of the thumb. It slowly grew to the size of a pencil eraser. It was very painful and it would bleed for up to 10 minutes at a time. It was very difficult to control the bleeding. Thinking it was a wart and the fastest way to kill those is to smother them, i covered it with medical tape, bandaids, ect-whatever i had. After a week or two, it started to go away and turn skin colored. I was left with a small hole in my thumb.

Then, all the sudden, it came right back. I went through the same process again and it appeared to have gone away, i didn't even have the hole anymore, new skin grew and filled it in.

I then noticed my skin turning purple below the surface. Before i knew it, it was back and bigger than before. It is no longer a hole but it is bumped up right off my finger. The skin aroun the hole is tunring white and dying. the center itself is bright red  and i can pull it away from the rest of my finger. If i push down on the skin around the red thing, it pops further out of my finger. My doctor has never seen anything like it in her life and i can't get to the dermatologist until february. Its kinda hard to explain it so I'll add pictures.

I would be VERY grateful for any advice. This thing still randomly bleeds and its severely painful!!!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a blood blister. It is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin. It is commonly found on hands. Elevate the hand, give rest to the part, apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom sale and keep the hand bandaged so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as Neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then please consult a dermatologist. Pyogenic granuloma has to be ruled out. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.
Hi! Thank you so much!! I looked up pyogenic granuloma and that's definitly what I have. I'm so relieved its not something horrible. Not knowing is stressful. My doctor talked to the dermatologist and I got in on December 7th, much better than February. Hopefully he will confirm your diagnosis and get rid of this thing. I'm in so much pain. I work with my hands all day. Do you know of a way to aleviate any of the pain???
Thanks again!!!!!
Jessica
The lesion of pyogenic granuloma usually occurs in young adults as a solitary red papule or nodule that is prone to bleeding and ulceration. Treatment consists of Topical imiquimod cream and alitretinoin gel, intralesional or systemic steroids and surgical excision. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killers in the meanwhile for relief.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

And when you are on the computer, you use your mouse of corse. And your thumb sweats a lot right? and your whole hand may sweat a lot. Almost every time you get on the pc huh?
If the answer is yes, I will tell you why this is happening to your thumb. And no it is not from the sweat alone.