Blister inside upper lip
I noticed a small single blister like bump in my upper lip actually on the part that connects the lip to the gums. It did look like a waterfilled blister. After messing with it for a while with my tongue subconciously it did seem to go away within a few hours. There was no pain whatsoever and no noticable redness. I thought maybe a mucoclele until i read that they are usually only on the bottom lip and rarely the top. I am really concerned about what this could be and I hope someone might have some insight. Thank you!

There are several causes of blisters.

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.

There are also a number of medical conditions that cause blisters. The most common are chickenpox, herpes, impetigo, and a form of eczema called dyshidrosis. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

Most blisters heal naturally and do not require medical attention. As new skin grows beneath the blister, the fluid contained within it will be slowly reabsorbed by the body and the skin on top will dry and peel off.

You should try to keep blisters intact and unbroken in order to avoid infection. Blisters that have become infected can be treated with prescription antibiotics.

It would be best to consult a doctor if it does not resolve on its own in a few days.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.