Blister-like sores on my kids.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blister-like sores on my kids.

Hello.

Approximately 1 month ago my 7 year old son came down with what I thought at the time was a mosquito bite on his face- which he then picked (or so I thought).  About 2 days after this sore on his cheek, he broke out with a few more blister-like sores on his chest, a couple more on his face/neck, and arms and leg. (In all around 20 or so  blisters).  I thought at that time it must be a mild case of chicken pox, as he did NOT recieve his booster, and had still been in school 1 week earlier.  He felt fine, no fever, cough, fatigue or complaints what-so-ever from him.  However, I was a little concerned that approx. 5 of them were HUGE blisters- the size of a nickle up to a quarter size.  In speaking with my mom, she still belived it must be the chicken pox.

Well, approximately 1 week after my 7 year old son broke out, my 3 year old got one blister on his buttocks (between his cheeks).  Just one (and I belive it was a blister- yet I had not seen it before it popped).  This sore was once again the size of a nickle or so.  It did not seem to bother my son, and he felt fine also.  

Then my first son who came down with this- back to the 7 year old, broke out with more blisters on his Right leg and foot.  This breakout was approx. 2 weeks after the first.  These blisters were small(er) and seemed to resemble chicken pox more than his initial break out.  

Now to my third, and oldest son.  Approx. 1.5 weeks ago, he got a large sore on his elbow, followed by one on his upper cheek, and then between the bridge of his nose.  He has picked at the one on his elbow and it is still not healed.  The one on his cheek and nose have healed rather quickly, but they definately started out as little blisters.

And finally, my 3 year old has another sore on his buttocks again- as of 2 days ago.  I am at my wits end.  I have made sure they do not pick at them, I apply bacitracin, and clean/wash the sores.  With my 7 year old, who had the worst break out, I even made him wash with hibiclens daily, worried it may be impetigo?  We live in a clean house, I have bleached the bathroom and washed sheets in hot water (they don't even share the same rooms).  I will also add that my daughter, huband and I have been fine.

Any ideas on what it could be, if you've made it this far?  My husband just switched jobs, and thus we are without health insurance right now.  If there is another sore that breaks out, I will go to the doctor- I'm just hoping to avoid a doctor's bill and especially another sore on my boys.  

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Anyone have any ideas?
The symptoms are suggestive of impetigo which is a highly contagious disease. It is a superficial bacterial skin infection. Primarily caused by Staphylococcus aureus and sometimes by Streptococcus pyogenes. Topical and oral antibiotics are the treatment of choice. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated and get the oral antibiotics prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

My son is 6  years old and he broke out with blisters all over his body. He say they dont hurt but now little bumps are forming around the blisters. I dont know what to use cause  the ointment his doc prescribe isnt working.