Blister on bottom Lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blister on bottom Lip

I have a blister on the outside of my bottom lip. It happened when my boyfriend was tickling me and accidently hit me in the lip kind of causing me to bit it. It became a little swollen and then a blister formed. Its been there for a few days now and I was wondering how I can treat it to help it heal and go away?
Without examination, it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis, but from your description it looks like a mucocele.It is a rubbery, bubblelike painless swelling. Usually it goes away on its own. But if it does not, then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist. It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thank you very much for your reply! So its still here on the corner of the outside of my bottom lip. I'm pretty positive its just a blister, cause like i said its just from biting my lip hard. But it still hasn't gone and it happened saturday night. Its looks to me like it has a white-ish blister cover to it, which to me looks rather gross so it annoys me and I do pick at it. My friend says its probably because i keep it moist by licking it. But when i pick at it, I try to peel most of the white covering off, but it sorta irritates it and causes very minimal small pain. Should i stop picking at it? And if i stopped licking it, keeping it moist would it probably go away faster? Because when i don't do that for a long time it hardnes like the skin around it and all. For example after i sleep, in the morning its usually hard, like its getting better, but then i'll take a shower and it'll become white-ish again. I've been still putting on good chap stick at night, is that okay? Sorry for so many questions but this one small blister is annoying me haha.

Mucocele is basically a mucus retention cyst.Some mucoceles resolve on their own.Just apply warm compresses and don’t pick it up or mess with it.Some are chronic and require surgical removal. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
So I got a small bump in the middle of my bottom lip
I put vaseline what do I do?