Blister on inside of lip from sports injury

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I got hit in the mouth while playing football and a red bump with a white blister on top formed on the inside of the bottom lip.  That was 3 weeks ago and the bump and blister are still there.  It has shrunk slightly, but shows no signs of going away.  How long does this type of injury usually last?  If the suggestion is to see a doctor, should I see my Family doc or my dentist?
Without examination,it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but from your description it looks like a mucocele.It is a rubbery, bubblelike painles swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip,under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own.But if it does not,then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist.It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.