Dermatology Expert Forum
Blister on tip of finger and under finger nail

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

i want to know what this could be, it started out on the tip of my finger as a small red spot that itched and stung, from there continued under my fingernail as a purple spot , very painful, and is very swollen.it is also movin down my finger. it still itches and stings.
Tammy:

I honestly have no idea.  Did you traumatize your finger or catch it in something?  If your finger is hot or swollen or you have a fever, you should see a doctor at once.  If the condition is steady, wait a couple of weeks, as you may be describing a bruise.

Best.

Dr. R
I THINK, I HAVE SOMETHING CALLED (I THINK) DISHYDROSIS, WHICH IS TINY BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS DUE TO ANXIETY.  I TRULY WORRY INCESSANTLY ABOUT INCONSEQUENTIAL THINGS.  I TAKE ANTI ANXIETY MEDS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT CREAM IS BEST TO TREAT THESE BLISTERS THAT I COMPLETELY MUTILATE WITH SCRATCHING
My daughter has a red swollen area on her thumb.It looks as if it
has infection in it and is purple looking.This has accured in her thumb for the last six years every year.She is seven years old.Do you have any answers?
I have blisters on my finger tips and toes. Iwent to the dr's and he gave me Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. bumps went away came back in about two weeks.what could it be
A related discussion, blisters-purple skin was started.