Dermatology Expert Forum
Blisters in nose
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blisters in nose

After a brief exposure to an herbal tissue oil that was briefly inhaled (not purposely) I developed tiny blisters inside my left nostril. The oil contains wintergreen, peppermint, cayenne pepper, ginger root, arnica, st johnswort, marigold, and olive oil. I walked into a room where this was used and it was in the air. This was in the evening and by the next afternoon I had tiny blisters in my left nostril. The blisters filled with clear fluid and several have since burst and leaving tiny open sores that are very painful.  There is one blister that has not burst yet and resembles a small blood blister. I have used a netti pot to rinse the nostril using a saline solution. I have also applied aloe vera gel with a q-tip to soothe the area. Where the blisters did burst there is now some pus in that area. Also the area in the nostril is swollen. It feels really raw, painful, and I need relief!

What are causes of blisters in the nose?
Could this exposure cause such blisters?
Are there natural treaments for nose blisters?
Are there official medical names for such blisters?
How long will they be here?
Will they clear up with time on their own?

Please provide as much information as possible!

Susan Rohder