Dermatology Expert Forum
Blisters on Hands, Feet, and Throat

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Blisters on Hands, Feet, and Throat

My children (ages one and two) just got over a mild case of the coxsackie virus, but never developed the rash on their extremeties. I had a high fever two days ago, now have the blisters on my throat and mouth, and my hands and feet are covered in blisters. The ones on my hands and feet are very painful. Is there a treatment I can use to help quicken the healing process? Am I contagious? Are my children now immune?

Carol:

It sounds like you caught what they had, which means that they should not get it again.  (If they do, show their pediatrician.)  There isn't much to do to heal what you have.  Fever-reducer and cool compresses.  And time.

Good luck.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
My 3 years old son is always throwing up and I was having a hard time feeding him,all he wants is milk but only once a day..he is also having high fevers..and terrible coughs..and blisters on his throat,hands and foot..he lost a lot weight and is so weak..what is this? Pls help..