Dermatology Expert Forum
Blisters on Hands, Feet, and Throat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blisters on Hands, Feet, and Throat

My children (ages one and two) just got over a mild case of the coxsackie virus, but never developed the rash on their extremeties. I had a high fever two days ago, now have the blisters on my throat and mouth, and my hands and feet are covered in blisters. The ones on my hands and feet are very painful. Is there a treatment I can use to help quicken the healing process? Am I contagious? Are my children now immune?

Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Carol:

It sounds like you caught what they had, which means that they should not get it again.  (If they do, show their pediatrician.)  There isn't much to do to heal what you have.  Fever-reducer and cool compresses.  And time.

Good luck.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Blank
My 3 years old son is always throwing up and I was having a hard time feeding him,all he wants is milk but only once a day..he is also having high fevers..and terrible coughs..and blisters on his throat,hands and foot..he lost a lot weight and is so weak..what is this? Pls help..
Blank
My 3 years old son is always throwing up and I was having a hard time feeding him,all he wants is milk but only once a day..he is also having high fevers..and terrible coughs..and blisters on his throat,hands and foot..he lost a lot weight and is so weak..what is this? Pls help..
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker