Blisters on foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blisters on foot

My son, age 14, has for one month been plagued by large, egg-sized blisters on the bottom of his foot. It does not appear to be friction related. The blisters appear water filled and last for several weeks. Initially they were on one foot only but in the last few days it appears that the other foot may be developing the same issues. It has not spread to other body parts. He is unable to walk without crutches. He also had a rash on his foot and lower leg ressembling a heat rash but I am not sure if this is related. No fever, eating and sleeping normally, otherwise healthy. (for a 14 year old).
I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination, but it can be foot blisters or fibromas.

When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear. Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot.

Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing blisters. So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the blisters still persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.