Dermatology Expert Forum
Blisters on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Blisters on hands

For as long as I can remember (I am a 50 yr. old female), I have been getting tiny blisters on my hands and fingers in warm weather. They are sore until I actually pop them then they heal up. Some of them are alone and some in clusters. My father and daughter have the same things and dad says he's gotten them in warm humid weather for probably 30 or more years. Any idea what these are?
Thank you,
Patricia
Patricia:

Sounds like dyshidrotic eczema, a blistering eruption of the fingers, as well as the palms and soles.  Cause: unknown.  Genetics: it's so common that chance would dictate that more than one family member will have it.  Cantagion: none.  Significance: little, other than mild annoyance.  If the blisters bother you, try using a cortsione-based cream your doctor can prescribe.  The condition by its nature comes and goes; just treat it for a few days when it's bothersome enough to warrant it.

Best.

Dr. R
For about a week now I have had these blisters on my hands...I went to the doctor in fear of having poison ivy again..since I have just gotten over a bad case of it like two months ago....some of these blisters are in cluster on my palms and fingers and some of the blisters stand alone...when I look at the blister closer it looks like there are tiny air bubbles in them or something....I have never tried to pop them and it feels waxy and almost hard..I have tried a domosboro soak and it turned some of the blisters a yellow color.....so now I am confused to what this skin condition may be....could you please help me understand what it could be.....?  

Thank You,

Karin
A few years ago, (I'm 42 now)I started getting tiny 'water blisters' on my fingers/hands too. When I went to a DR. all I got was..."You have a food allergy. Find out what it is and DON'T EAT IT AGAIN!"  Great help huh! Could be anything! I've heard of people who are allergic to flour!  But he gave me a prescription for Diprolene AF Cream 0.05%. I won't use it though, it gave me 'the shakes' so bad I could hardly hold anything! I now just use Cortazone 10 (Sp) it works just as well!
I also started watching what I ate and have narrowed it down to...*Chile,Taco meat,BBQ Sause, and Spagetti.*  If I eat any 2 of these things in the same week I will have a "Break-out". If I am stupid enough to eat any 3 in the same week I get so many in an area (Or maybe it's some are deap enough?) that I will get a sore spot or 2!  Then it's time to get the G-kids VELCRO SHOES!!!  *Ouch!* My fingers can't tie up their laces!!  But they go away soon (maybe a week) and I'm back to normal untill I eat the wrong thing again!

Good Luck!  =0)
Granny
A related discussion, propholix was started.
A related discussion, bites was started.