Dermatology Expert Forum
Blisters on my vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Blisters on my vagina

Hi. My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year and we have been having sex for about 7 months. We have both never had sex with anyone else but eachother. About a week ago he had one blister on his lip, and we didn't think much of it, and he went down on me. About 4 days ago I noticed a blister on my vagina in the same spot the blister on his mouth would have touched me. In about 2 more days there was another one on the skin directly touching the blister. Now there are about 2 more around the same area and 1 on the other side. Could it be herpes?
Is it possible that he had just a normal blister that he spread to me and its not herpes? I keep looking at them so maybe I am spreading them.
In the 7 months we've been having sex we have never had any problems before. I was thinking it might not be genital herpes because he had the blister in his mouth and then gave it to me. He has never had anything wrong (blisters/cuts) around his penis.
I dont know what to do or what I could put on them. They are not painful like I have been reading about herpes patients. They just sting a little like a normal blister would.
I feel embarrassed to go to the doctor.
Thanks a lot.
I'm afraid I can't answer you with any confidence.  Yes, these could be herpes, though they could certainly be something else as well.  Has your boyfriend definitely been diagnosed with oral herpes?

I think that you need to overcome your embarrassment and see a doctor.  That's the only way you're going to know for sure.

But because you got one blister and then another 2 days later, herpes is less likely than if you got a cluster of blisters at the same time.  Also, the first attack of herpes usually produces severe pain and high fever.  These are reassuring, but not conclusive.  Please do yourself a favor and check it out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
You need to get a culture done asap before the blister dries up.
Don't be embarrassed; your doctor sees this stuff all the time.

You could have genital (hsv-1) herpes from this exposure. If your blister dries up, I would recommend getting a HerpesSelect blood test ( you should ask for it by name) after 6 weeks and then at 12 weeks (if the first one comes up negative) to get a definitive answer.

Good luck!!
I read an article that fishtail had posted on here about having blister's on her vagina.I have them to and have had them for about 8 month's know they come and go i'am so embarassed from them that i wont have sex with hubby or anything else.Please let me know what u found out.My blisters they swell,then they bust and pus comes out of them.I dont think i have herpe's because i have no systems of herpe's.I have searched the internet and have read up on herpe's.I'm so embarassed to go to the doctor.
I would have to say that the blisters alone are a symtom of herpes and I would have them checked out.
Some time ago I noticed my lymph node swollen and a little painful.  This has been going on for quite a few months, off and on, not enough for me to pay attention to when and for how long..  however, maybe 2 months ago, I noticed a very small blister.  Thats happened 2xs.  In the same area.  This last time, there was 1 sm blister, on the same side, but down quite a bit futher than the others.  After that one went away, I noticed 2 sm ones in the same area as before.  There is no fever, no pain, no abnormal discharge...nothing that should be there from what I've read. Just like some other comments, I am TERRIFIED to go to the dr and find out I have herpes.....  Please help with any comments/ suggestions.......
A related discussion, one blister on my vagina was started.
A related discussion, Blisters was started.